Sunday, February 26, 2012

torn


I have never been a big fan of the torn paper look on a card, and this is the first time I have used the technique.  I actually really like the way it turned out!  I made this card for my daughter.  I'll be curious to hear what she thinks of it since it is so different from my usual style.

Details:

 I started with the retired "irish Blessing" background stamp, since she really likes that verse.  I stamped the background  in chocolate chip on naturals white card stock.  I stamped the three flowers (from "simply soft" hostess set) in stazon, and added some color by water coloring a little with a not quite navy water color wonder crayon and an aqua painter.

I liked the look, but was struck with the idea that the edges needed to be torn.  Once I started I kept going, until most of the background was torn away. I mounted that on a tilted rectangle of old olive that I had stamped with a flower from "raining flowers".  The card base is not quite navy embossed with the "flower garden" embossing folder. Some hemp twine with a vintage brad finished it off.  I stamped the "sending you love", from the "easy events" stamp set, in old olive onto old olive card stock.  I cut that out  free hand and added it as the final touch.

Happy stamping,

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment