Sunday, February 26, 2012

Easy Peasy Heart Sachet



My son is finally fever free, after six days  - hooray!  We are still laying low at home, though, as neither of us is feeling too great.  I have spent a couple more days playing with MDS and ordered a few downloads.  This morning I wanted to do something tactile, however, and created this very simple heart sachet!  I used the scalloped heart from the new hearts collection framelets dies, and cut through two pieces of springtime vintage fabric (one at a time).  Then I hand stitched a running stitch all around the two front sides, back to back, adding a loop of ribbon as shown. I left an opening and stuffed it with some fiber fill.  I also crushed up half a cinnamon stick and added that to the middle of the stuffing, to give it a good smell.  Ta Da! A very quick and easy hand made little gift.

I Hope you are having a great week and that this little nugget inspires you to get out your own craft project.

:-) Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment